Village Underground and EartH are looking for an Accounts Assistant to manage the day-to-day business accounting and maximise the financial efficiency of the organisation.
The right candidate will understand that up-to-date and accurate financial information is both central and critical to the fine tuning & balancing required in a self-financed arts organisation business model.
Daily/weekly financial administration:
– Reconciling nightly drop sheets and posting sales
– Coding and posting invoices
– Raising sales invoices
– Preparing and processing weekly supplier payments
– Cash flow update weekly
– Assist with certain month end tasks
– Filing and admin
– Answering queries from suppliers and customers
– Reconciling bank accounts
Monthly/quarterly financial administration:
– Assist the Group Management Accountant in producing the monthly management accounts
– Assist with events analysis and data gathering
– Experience working in a similar role
– Effective communication skills
– Excellent attention to detail
– Excellent organisational skills
– Good level of computer literacy – able to use word processing, database, spreadsheets, Internet and emails accurately and confidently
– Experience of using Xero accounting software or similar would be advantageous
– Ability to work well in a small team and manage own time
– Experience working within the arts sector would be advantageous
Contract & Salary
– Full time (42.5 hours/week)
– Salary: £24,000
– Start date: October
Please email [email protected] with your CV and a cover letter explaining why you wish to apply for this position, describing how your experience relates to the position, and explaining and giving examples as to how you meet the required skills and abilities. Subject line: Accounts Assistant. Deadline: 30 September
Candidates who currently have a valid work permit allowing them to work in the UK for the duration of this contract are welcome to apply. Unfortunately, we are unable to consider applications for this role which would require us to obtain a certificate of sponsorship or permit to work in the UK.
About Village Underground & EartH
Village Underground is a multidisciplinary venue presenting live concerts and electronic music events alongside theatre, performing arts and visual arts. Each year, VU has an attendance of over 150,000 people, stages more than 500 performances and works with more than 1500 artists.
EartH opened its doors in September 2018 and has since hosted 500+ events and welcomed more than 100,000 audience members. EartH looks to become a leading light in the city for audiences of all ages and walks of life to meet, listen, watch, dance and enjoy all that artistic endeavour and creativity has to offer.
Both venues play host to commercial events, the revenue of which is put back into the artistic and education programmes.