Village Underground and EartH are looking for an Accounts Assistant to manage the day-to-day business accounting and maximise the financial efficiency of the organisation.
The right candidate will understand that up-to-date and accurate financial information is both central and critical to the fine tuning & balancing required in a self-financed arts organisation business model.
Daily/weekly financial administration:
– Reconciling nightly drop sheets and posting sales
– Coding and posting invoices
– Raising sales invoices
– Raising purchase orders
– Preparing and processing weekly supplier payments
– Assist with certain month end tasks
– Filing and admin
– Answering queries from suppliers and customers
– Chasing overdue invoices and payments
– Updating events analysis and weekly event reporting
– Reconciling bank accounts
Monthly/quarterly financial administration:
– Assist the Group Management Accountant in producing the monthly management accounts
– Assist with events analysis and data gathering
– Experience working in a similar role
– Effective communication skills
– Excellent attention to detail
– Excellent organisational skills
– Good level of computer literacy – able to use word processing, database, spreadsheets, Internet and emails accurately and confidently
– Experience of using Xero accounting software or similar would be advantageous
– Ability to work well in a small team and manage own time
– Experience working within the arts sector would be advantageous
Contract & Salary
Part time – 4 days (Monday-Thursday)
Salary: £20,800 (£26,000 pro-rated to 4 days)
Start date: ASAP
Candidates who currently have a valid work permit allowing them to work in the UK for the duration of this contract are welcome to apply. Unfortunately, we are unable to consider applications for this role which would require us to obtain a certificate of sponsorship or permit to work in the UK.
Please email [email protected] with your CV and a cover letter as PDF attachments by 7 August and use the subject line: Accounts Assistant
Cover letter: The Person Specification will be used in our decision-making process for recruitment. Please give examples of how you have exhibited these requirements in your previous role(s). Be as specific as possible, we cannot guess or make assumptions, but will assess your application solely on the information provided. Try to provide evidence, by examples, where possible, of skills, knowledge and experience contained in this person specification.
VU & EartH – villageunderground.co.uk | earthackney.co.uk
Village Underground is a multidisciplinary venue presenting live concerts and electronic music events alongside theatre, performing arts and visual arts. Each year, VU has an attendance of over 150,000 people, stages more than 500 performances and works with more than 1500 artists.
EartH (Evolutionary Arts Hackney) is a multi–arts space for the 21st Century. Programming is broad, global, open and rooted in the highest quality artistic pursuit. We seek to bring together both the leading, rising and other important talents of varied artistic fields under one roof to provide a vital new home for the arts in London.