Reporting to the Venue Manager, the post holder will assume the responsibility for managing the individual events from open to close at EartH. You will manage the staff and the atmosphere of the night and ensure that our customers receive a positive customer experience from our front of house team. You will be the first point of contact for staff and official visits during trading hours.
Roles and responsibilities
Nightly Duty Management
– Opening and closing the venue and overseeing the atmosphere, sound quality and ambience of the night
– Completing an accurate detailed report of the night
– Ensuring the venue and décor set up according to promoter agreements
– Nightly float set up where we are setting up bar, door and cloakroom
– Taking overall responsibility for nightly searching, door policy and door set up
– Ensure the smooth running of the front door ensuring quick and friendly entry for all customers
– Supervision and logging of any ejections from the venue or customer refusals
– Management of guest list and VIPS
– Brief all staff on their responsibilities pre opening and on shift
– Cashing up of all tills and drop sheet reconciliation at the end of the night
– Ensure the completion of incident reports relating to all incidents
– Ensuring Health and Safety policies and practices are adhered to across the venue for staff and customers
– Liaise with Hackney Council or Licensing Officers when necessary.
– Being a point of contact for London Fire Brigade Inspections if they occur during trading hours.
– Work and supervise across multiple teams within the venue including bar, security, technical and cloakroom staff.
– The successful candidate will have gained substantial experience working in a similar environment.
– You will need to have a strong management background which has focused on team development
– You will be able to demonstrate that you have developed excellent people management skills and that you can motivate and build a good team environment which is relaxed yet productive
– Due to the nature of the role and the last hours involved you will need to be used to and enjoy working in a late night environment
– You will be well presented and have an outgoing personality
– You will be a creative and organised team player
– You will have a proven track record in the late night industry
– Under the licensing act 2003, you will be required to apply for a personal License which may require you to supply the licensing authority with details of any unspent convictions
– Dedication to fostering diversity and representation, with a shown ability to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
– Experience in working on safe spaces schemes (e.g. Good Night Out, Women’s safety charter,…)
– Knowledge of various London night time schemes
– A good knowledge of stock management and cost control measures
– A good knowledge of health and safety requirements
– Liquor, premises and personal license knowledge
Hourly rates: £12.50
Benefits: Free entry to our events (VU & EartH – depending on availability) + discounts at both VU’s and EartH’s bars. Participation in all company meetings and possibility to shadow other members of the team (Programmers, Marketing,…).
Start date: ASAP
Please email [email protected] with your CV and a cover letter explaining why you wish to apply for this position, describing how your experience relates to the position, and explaining and giving examples as to how you meet the required skills and abilities. Subject line: EartH Duty Manager.